onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: Vientos scratched from Mets’ lineup with abdominal soreness. Nimmo exits due to stiff neck
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
Sports

Vientos scratched from Mets’ lineup with abdominal soreness. Nimmo exits due to stiff neck

Last updated: May 23, 2025 11:03 pm
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
3 Min Read
Vientos scratched from Mets’ lineup with abdominal soreness. Nimmo exits due to stiff neck
SHARE

NEW YORK (AP) — Third baseman Mark Vientos was scratched from the New York Mets’ lineup Friday night against the Los Angeles Dodgers because of abdominal soreness, and left fielder Brandon Nimmo exited the game with a stiff neck.

Nimmo banged into the outfield wall with his right shoulder while catching Will Smith’s long drive leading off the second inning. Following a 98-minute rain delay in the top of the third, he was replaced by Jeff McNeil in left.

Vientos had been set to bat second against left-hander Clayton Kershaw. But about 65 minutes before the first pitch at Citi Field, the Mets announced Vientos wouldn’t start.

Brett Baty shifted from second base to third and rookie Luisangel Acuña was inserted into the lineup at second base, batting ninth. Designated hitter Starling Marte moved from fifth in the order to the No. 2 slot.

The 25-year-old Vientos began the night hitting .232 with five home runs, 18 RBIs and a .674 OPS. He was 6 for 45 (.133) with runners in scoring position this season.

He had three homers and seven RBIs in last year’s National League Championship Series against the Dodgers.

In other news, Mets manager Carlos Mendoza said pitcher Frankie Montas will begin a minor league rehab assignment Saturday with Class A Brooklyn.

Montas, sidelined since spring training with a right lat strain, is scheduled to throw two innings and 30-35 pitches. The right-hander signed a $34 million, two-year contract with the Mets as a free agent in December after spending last season with Cincinnati and Milwaukee. The deal includes a player option for 2026.

Veteran right-hander Paul Blackburn will make one more rehab start with Triple-A Syracuse next week before the Mets must decide whether to reinstate him from the injured list and add him to the active major league roster.

The 31-year-old Blackburn also has been out all season. He is on the 15-day IL with right knee inflammation.

Blackburn is 1-2 with a 3.91 ERA in 23 innings over six minor league starts across three levels this year. He threw seven shutout innings of one-hit ball Wednesday for Syracuse in a win against Rochester.

___

AP MLB: https://apnews.com/hub/mlb

You Might Also Like

All-Star weekend to include Friday night CARS Tour race on FS1

Canucks can ill afford to lose but Quinn Hughes, but how realistic is a trade to bring Hughes brothers from NJ Devils?

Chris Eubank vs Nigel Benn: The original rivalry between British boxing’s ‘real gladiators’ revisited | Boxing News

The Ultimate Playbook: How NFL Mentors Deland McCullough and Sherman Smith Uncovered a Lifelong Father-Son Bond

Paige Bueckers speaks on NIL deals in women’s basketball, commends Angel Reese and JuJu Watkins

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article The Deadliest Jobs in America The Deadliest Jobs in America
Next Article Trump May ‘Want’ A Recession: Market Observer Says It Serves His Economic Agenda—Lower Rates, Oil Prices, And Trade Deficit Trump May ‘Want’ A Recession: Market Observer Says It Serves His Economic Agenda—Lower Rates, Oil Prices, And Trade Deficit

Latest News

Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Matt O’Riley Transfer Saga: Tottenham Joins Race with Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
The Bowen Chase: Why Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man Utd Are Circling West Ham’s Star Amid Relegation Fear
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Guardiola’s Succession Decree: Why Enzo Maresca is Manchester City’s Anointed Heir
Sports May 20, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.