onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: US threatens Iran with regime change
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
News

US threatens Iran with regime change

Last updated: March 21, 2025 1:23 pm
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
3 Min Read
US threatens Iran with regime change
SHARE

Secretary of State Marco Rubio has warned Tehran that President Trump would “take action” if nuclear diplomacy fails

US President Donald Trump is prepared to take military action against Iran and could go as far as threatening Tehran if diplomatic efforts to renew dialogue on the country’s nuclear program do not succeed, Secretary of State Marco Rubio has said.

During his first term, Trump unilaterally withdrew from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) deal, meant to facilitate dialogue on Iran’s nuclear program, and imposed sanctions against Tehran. Since returning to the White House in January, Trump has urged the Islamic Republic to reopen negotiations and has allegedly set a two-month deadline for Tehran to strike a new deal with Washington.

Speaking to radio host Hugh Hewitt on Thursday, Rubio said that while Washington is still pursuing diplomacy, it is ready to act if Iran continues to develop its nuclear capabilities.

”If you asked [Trump], he would tell you he would much prefer to work this out diplomatically without a war,” Rubio said. “But if he has to take action to prevent Iran from possessing a nuclear capability, he will. We have the ability to do that and to go further, perhaps even threaten the regime.”

US and Russia made deal on Iran talks – top Putin aide

Earlier this month, Trump confirmed that he had sent a letter to Iran’s leadership proposing new talks. According to media reports, the letter was delivered through United Arab Emirates President Mohammed Bin Zayed and is currently being reviewed in Tehran.

Meanwhile, Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has rejected the idea of renewed negotiations, dismissing the US proposal as an effort to “exert their dominance and impose what they want” instead of “solving issues.” He also rebuffed Trump’s threat to use force.

Earlier this month, Khamenei insisted that any accusations against Iran over its alleged failure to implement its part of the deal were “fundamentally flawed when divorced from the full context of the US withdrawal”. Tehran has repeatedly denied having nuclear weapon ambitions, insisting that its program is entirely peaceful.

Tehran has reportedly scaled down its compliance with the 2015 deal following Washington’s exit from the JCPOA. However in December 2024, the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, Rafael Grossi, claimed that Iran was “dramatically” accelerating its uranium enrichment, calling the development “very concerning.”

You can share this story on social media:

Follow RT onRT
RT

You Might Also Like

‘Obviously In Trouble’: 17 Years Later, California High-Speed Rail Leaders Sound Alarm Over Project Funding

Analysis-China’s rare earth weapon changes contours of trade war battlefield

After dramatic post-election drop, northern US border crossings level off

Texas Republicans plan another special session to deliver Trump more GOP congressional seats

Cambodia seeks China’s financial support as Xi visits amid US tariff war | Trade War News

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article The next big Apple TV+ show will pack wild numbers of Hollywood stars The next big Apple TV+ show will pack wild numbers of Hollywood stars
Next Article Arsenal boss Renee Slegers fires injury risk warning after pitch condition controversy vs Real Madrid | Football News Arsenal boss Renee Slegers fires injury risk warning after pitch condition controversy vs Real Madrid | Football News

Latest News

Cameron Brink’s All-White Statement: Fashion Meets a Full-Strength Return for the Sparks
Cameron Brink’s All-White Statement: Fashion Meets a Full-Strength Return for the Sparks
Sports May 11, 2026
Binghamton’s Historic Rally Sets Up David vs. Goliath Showdown with Oklahoma
Binghamton’s Historic Rally Sets Up David vs. Goliath Showdown with Oklahoma
Sports May 11, 2026
SEC Dominance: Alabama Claims No. 1 Seed as Conference Floods NCAA Softball Bracket
SEC Dominance: Alabama Claims No. 1 Seed as Conference Floods NCAA Softball Bracket
Sports May 11, 2026
Frustration Boils Over: Wembanyama’s Ejection Alters Spurs’ Trajectory
Frustration Boils Over: Wembanyama’s Ejection Alters Spurs’ Trajectory
Sports May 11, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.