onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: Trump wants more drones and missiles, fewer F-35s in $893 billion budget request
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
News

Trump wants more drones and missiles, fewer F-35s in $893 billion budget request

Last updated: June 26, 2025 1:48 am
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
4 Min Read
Trump wants more drones and missiles, fewer F-35s in 3 billion budget request
SHARE

By Mike Stone

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -U.S. President Donald Trump wants a pay raise for troops, more high-tech missiles and drones in next year’s defense budget, while cutting Navy jobs, and buying fewer ships and fighter jets to save money, according to budget materials posted Wednesday.

At $892.6 billion, the defense and national security budget request is flat compared with this year.

The budget, which also includes nuclear weapons-related activities carried out by the Department of Energy and increases funding for homeland security, puts Trump’s mark on the military by pulling funds away from weaponry and services to fund his priorities.

The White House said the funding will be used to deter Chinese aggression in the Indo-Pacific, and revitalize the defense industrial base.

Most of the funding for Trump’s marquee Golden Dome missile defense shield was included in a separate budget request and is not part of the latest proposal sent to Congress.

In the 2026 budget Trump requested fewer F-35 jets made by Lockheed Martin and only three warships. Procurement of a Virginia-class made by General Dynamics and Huntington Ingalls Industries and 15 other ships are expected to be included in a separate appropriation bill, the Navy said.

The budget asks for a 3.8% pay raise for troops, but also trims costs by retiring older weaponry including ships and planes that are more expensive to operate. Under the plan, the Navy will reduce its civilian employee workforce by 7,286 people.

Compared to Biden’s budget from his last year in office, which had asked for 68 F-35 jets in fiscal 2025, Trump’s fiscal 2026 request seeks only 47 of the fighter jets.

The budget has already sparked debate on Capitol Hill where the House Appropriations Committee’s Defense subcommittee’s draft bill for fiscal-year 2026 boosts the F-35 buy to 69, one more than Biden’s 2025 request.

The Pentagon continues prioritizing purchasing munitions and key weapons systems.

The Air Force is continuing its investment the Joint Air to Surface Standoff Missile – Extended Range and Long Range Anti-Ship missile which have longer ranges and can be more effective in the Pacific.

On the other hand, the budget seeks far fewer Precision Strike Missile, which will replace the Army Tactical Missile (ATACM) used in Ukraine.

Lockheed Martin makes all three missiles.

The budget also boosts spending on small drones – in part because of lessons learned in Ukraine where unmanned aircraft have proven to be an integral part of low-cost, yet highly effective warfighting.

The detailed request comes as Republicans debate defense spending priorities in their sweeping $150 billion defense package contained in the pending “One Big Beautiful Bill Act”. The act has already been passed the House of Representatives and will give an initial $25 billion boost to Trump’s controversial Golden Dome missile defense shield.

Defense spending usually accounts for about half of the U.S. discretionary budget; the rest goes to transportation, education, diplomacy and other departments.

(Reporting by Mike Stone in Washington; editing by Chris Sanders and Lincoln Feast)

You Might Also Like

Georgia Republicans, against backdrop of 2026 election, push to eliminate state income tax

Western leaders back Zelensky amid war of words with Trump

Milei’s Next Shock Wave: Slashing Taxes and Rewriting Argentina’s Electoral Rules

Havertz hits Arsenal’s Premier League hopes as knee surgery ends season | Football News

Judge issues permanent block of Trump executive order targeting Perkins Coie law firm

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Woman ‘Started Screaming’ After M Lottery Prize Win: ‘My Daughter Thought Something Bad Had Happened’ Woman ‘Started Screaming’ After $1M Lottery Prize Win: ‘My Daughter Thought Something Bad Had Happened’
Next Article George Pickens backs out of hosting his own youth football camp George Pickens backs out of hosting his own youth football camp

Latest News

PFL Brussels 2026: Why the Odds Are Stacked Against the Underdogs in a Night of Dominant Favorites
PFL Brussels 2026: Why the Odds Are Stacked Against the Underdogs in a Night of Dominant Favorites
Sports May 23, 2026
Ja Morant Spotted at WNBA’s Dream vs. Wings: What His Presence Means for the NBA Star and Women’s Basketball
Ja Morant Spotted at WNBA’s Dream vs. Wings: What His Presence Means for the NBA Star and Women’s Basketball
Sports May 23, 2026
WWE Clash in Italy: Rhea Ripley vs. Jade Cargill Rematch Confirmed—Why This Title Showdown Matters
WWE Clash in Italy: Rhea Ripley vs. Jade Cargill Rematch Confirmed—Why This Title Showdown Matters
Sports May 23, 2026
Gerrit Cole’s Triumphant Return: 6 Shutout Innings After 569-Day Absence, But Yankees Fall to Rays
Gerrit Cole’s Triumphant Return: 6 Shutout Innings After 569-Day Absence, But Yankees Fall to Rays
Sports May 23, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.