onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: ‘South Park’ co-creator jokes he’s ‘terribly sorry’ over premiere that drew White House anger
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
Entertainment

‘South Park’ co-creator jokes he’s ‘terribly sorry’ over premiere that drew White House anger

Last updated: July 25, 2025 8:08 am
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
3 Min Read
‘South Park’ co-creator jokes he’s ‘terribly sorry’ over premiere that drew White House anger
SHARE

SAN DIEGO (AP) — “South Park” co-creator Trey Parker had the briefest of responses Thursday to anger from the White House over the season premiere of the animated institution, which showed a naked President Donald Trump in bed with Satan.

“We’re terribly sorry,” Parker said, followed by a long, deadpan-comic stare.

Parker was asked for his reaction to the fracas as he sat on the stage at San Diego’s Comic-Con International at the beginning of a Comedy Central animation panel that also included his “South Park” partner Matt Stone, “Beavis and Butt-Head” creator Mike Judge, and actor Andy Samberg, who co-created the animated “Digman!”

Earlier in the day, the White House issued a statement on the 27th season premiere, which aired Wednesday night.

“This show hasn’t been relevant for over 20 years and is hanging on by a thread with uninspired ideas in a desperate attempt for attention,” White House spokesperson Taylor Rogers said in the statement. “President Donald Trump has delivered on more promises in just six months than any other president in our country’s history – and no fourth-rate show can derail President Trump’s hot streak.”

Later in the panel, Parker said they did get a note from their producers on Tuesday night’s episode.

“They said, ‘OK, but we’re gonna blur the penis,’ and I said, ‘No you’re not gonna blur the penis,’” Parker said.

The premiere also took aim at Paramount and its $16 million recent settlement with Trump just hours after Parker and Stone signed a five-year deal with the company for 50 new episodes and streaming rights to previous seasons. The Los Angeles Times and other outlets report the deal was worth $1.5 billion.

In the episode, Trump sues the town of South Park when its residents challenge the presence of Jesus Christ – the actual person – in its elementary school.

Jesus tells them they ought to settle.

“You guys saw what happened to CBS? Yeah, well, guess who owns CBS? Paramount,” Jesus says. “Do you really want to end up like Colbert?”

CBS and parent Paramount Global canceled Stephen Colbert’s “Late Show” last week, days after Colbert sharply criticized Paramount’s settlement of Trump’s lawsuit over a “60 Minutes” interview.

CBS and Paramount executives said it was a financial decision to axe “The Late Show.”

The efficiency of “South Park” production, and the brinksmanship of its creators, allow it to stay incredibly current for an animated series.

“I don’t know what next week’s episode is going to be,” Parker said at Comic-Con. “Even just three days ago, we were like, ‘I don’t know if people are going to like this.’”

You Might Also Like

‘RHOC’ Star Vicki Gunvalson Confirms Safety Amid Puerto Vallarta Violence

Chris Martin Shows Support for Ex Dakota Johnson After Their Split with Sweet Public Gesture

Black Phone 2 Ending Decoded: How Gwen Kills a Dead Killer and What It Means for the Franchise

Mauricio Umansky Gets Handsy With Mystery Blonde During L.A. Night Out

Why Prince William’s ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Surprise Is a Royal Game-Changer for Reality TV

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article The rise and fall of Paraceratherium: Earth’s largest-ever land mammal The rise and fall of Paraceratherium: Earth’s largest-ever land mammal
Next Article Little League player suspended for bat flip gets decision overturned hours before New Jersey state finals Little League player suspended for bat flip gets decision overturned hours before New Jersey state finals

Latest News

Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Matt O’Riley Transfer Saga: Tottenham Joins Race with Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
The Bowen Chase: Why Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man Utd Are Circling West Ham’s Star Amid Relegation Fear
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Guardiola’s Succession Decree: Why Enzo Maresca is Manchester City’s Anointed Heir
Sports May 20, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.