onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: Shooting at Reno casino leaves multiple people injured, police say
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
News

Shooting at Reno casino leaves multiple people injured, police say

Last updated: July 28, 2025 4:35 pm
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
4 Min Read
Shooting at Reno casino leaves multiple people injured, police say
SHARE

A gunman opened fire early Monday morning at a resort and casino in Reno, leaving multiple people injured as guests were startled by a spray of gunfire that could be heard from their rooms inside, according to police.

The suspect, who is now in police custody, was seen pacing the parking lot of the Grand Sierra Resort for about 45 minutes before the shooting, a law enforcement official briefed on the incident told CNN.

The gunman initially opened fire, but their gun jammed, the official said. Once he cleared the jam, he resumed shooting.

Multiple law enforcement agencies responded to the scene around 7:25 a.m., according to a Reno Police Department news release. The suspect was located and “an officer involved shooting occurred,” it said.

So far, there has been confusion surrounding how many people were injured or possibly killed. Earlier Monday, Northern Nevada District Health Officer Dr. Chad Kingsley told CNN two people were found dead and three were taken to a hospital. A law enforcement official who has been briefed on the incident told CNN two people were killed and at least two others injured.

However, Reno police spokesperson Chris Johnson dismissed both tolls as inaccurate, but declined to provide information on injuries. An update will be provided at a 3 p.m. PT news conference, he said.

Renown Regional, a local health system, said its emergency department received several patients with gunshot wounds early Monday morning.

The gunman was also injured and transported to a hospital, police said.

The gunman’s motive is still unknown, and investigators are speaking to the suspect, the law enforcement official said. The victims do not appear to be connected.

As the shooting began, resort guest Michael Sisco was about to head outside when he heard “unmistakable gun shots” in “rapid succession,” he told CNN.

“I looked out the window and saw people running,” Sisco said.

He saw one person, who appeared to be shot, stumble and crawl to a nearby car and then laid down on the ground.

After the incident, Sisco heard an announcement over the resort intercom which warned of “an active law enforcement incident outside.” It informed guests, “You are safe inside.”

Guests later received a text from the resort that said, “We currently have a law enforcement situation on property which has been contained. We apologize for any inconvenience as we continue to resolve the situation.”

Photos taken by Sisco show emergency vehicles, including an ambulance, fire truck and police cars, outside the casino following the incident.

The resort entrance was still closed off at 10 a.m. local time, Sisco said, though guests were allowed to leave from a different exit. The entire valet parking area was roped off.

Reno council member Devon Reese called the incident “yet another act of senseless gun violence.”

“My heart breaks for the victims, their families, and our entire community. Reno is strong — but we are not immune to the epidemic of gun violence gripping this nation,” Reese said in a social media post.

This story has been updated with additional information

For more CNN news and newsletters create an account at CNN.com

You Might Also Like

Tennessee sets US House special election as candidates of both major parties line up

The Human Toll of Political Games: Federal Workers Caught in Prolonged Shutdown and Layoff Threats

Beyond the Budget Cuts: What New Orleans’ Homeless Services Crisis Reveals About America’s Fragmented Safety Net

Rwanda’s army and its rebel group ally have killed dozens and abducted thousands, Congo says

Exclusive-Taiwan’s Lai set to push back U.S. stopover as U.S.-China trade talks continue

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article 2025 Tour de France: Tadej Pogačar wins race for 2nd consecutive year as Wout van Aert wins Stage 21 2025 Tour de France: Tadej Pogačar wins race for 2nd consecutive year as Wout van Aert wins Stage 21
Next Article 2025 MLB betting: Nick Kurtz now a massive favorite to win AL Rookie of the Year 2025 MLB betting: Nick Kurtz now a massive favorite to win AL Rookie of the Year

Latest News

How Julian Schuster Transformed Freiburg from Streich’s Legacy to Europa League Finalists in Two Seasons
How Julian Schuster Transformed Freiburg from Streich’s Legacy to Europa League Finalists in Two Seasons
Sports May 20, 2026
Haaland’s Ultimatum: How Manchester City’s Title Failure Must Spark a Dynasty Reboot
Haaland’s Ultimatum: How Manchester City’s Title Failure Must Spark a Dynasty Reboot
Sports May 20, 2026
Southampton’s Playoff Expulsion: A £200m Scandal That Exposes a Club in Crisis
Sports May 20, 2026
Coco Gauff’s French Open Defense: New Mindset, Improved Serve, and a Wide-Open Field
Coco Gauff’s French Open Defense: New Mindset, Improved Serve, and a Wide-Open Field
Sports May 20, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.