onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: Proud Boys who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 sue government for $100 million
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
News

Proud Boys who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 sue government for $100 million

Last updated: June 7, 2025 11:42 am
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
3 Min Read
Proud Boys who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 sue government for 0 million
SHARE

WASHINGTON – Five members of the right-wing extremist group the Proud Boys who stormed the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection and were later pardoned by President Donald Trump are suing the government for more than $100 million.

They allege the Justice Department and FBI violated their constitutional rights after arresting and jailing them for their participation in the effort to stop Congress from certifying former President Joe Biden’s election victory in 2020.

The Proud Boys and their families were subjected to forceful government raids, solitary confinement and cruel and unusual treatment, they argue in their lawsuit, which seeks $100 million in damages plus 6% post-judgment interest.

The group, which filed the lawsuit June 6 in a federal court in Florida, includes Henry “Enrique” Tarrio, Zachary Rehl, Ethan Nordean, Joseph Biggs and Dominic Pezzola.

In 2023, a jury convicted Tarrio, Rehl, Nordean and Biggs of entering a seditious conspiracy against the U.S. government. In several trials, each of the leaders of the group had been issued lengthy prison sentences, ranging from 22 to 15 years.

On the first day of his return office in 2025, President Trump issued a sweeping clemency order, granting pardons to almost all of the more than 1,500 defendants who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 and issuing sentence commutations to 14 others.

In interviews with USA TODAY in February, most of the plaintiffs in the lawsuit defended their actions on Jan. 6 and said unequivocally they would do the same thing again. Some, including Tarrio and Rehl, hinted at the possibility of running for public office in the future.

Read more: Sheriff? Congress? Criminal Justice reformer? Freed Proud Boys leaders have big plans

“I am an intelligent individual, and I’ve done a lot in the community as far as activism is concerned,” Rehl said. “So, I’m experienced in that respect, and I believe I can really represent the people in a good way.”

Contributing: Reuters

Zachary Schermele is an education reporter for USA TODAY. You can reach him by email at zschermele@usatoday.com. Follow him on X at @ZachSchermele and Bluesky at @zachschermele.bsky.social.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Proud Boys who stormed Capitol sue government for $100 million

You Might Also Like

Democrats slam DHS secretary as Noem says Abrego Garcia ‘not coming back’ to US

Greenland PM blasts Trump talk of U.S. annexation

Trump Forces Employers To Stop Turning Blind Eye To Illegal Workers

Businesses brace for new tax challenges amid global tariff focus

Trump, EU’s von der Leyen to meet on Sunday to clinch trade deal, avert trade war

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Paramount Global chair Shari Redstone diagnosed with thyroid cancer Paramount Global chair Shari Redstone diagnosed with thyroid cancer
Next Article Travel ban may shut door for Afghan family to bring niece to US for a better life Travel ban may shut door for Afghan family to bring niece to US for a better life

Latest News

Prince Andrew’s Legal Peril Deepens: Transatlantic Probe Targets Giuffre Family
Entertainment July 11, 2026
Sofia Vergara’s Etro Dress: The Keyhole Cutout That’s Turning Heads on Italian Streets
Entertainment July 11, 2026
Rick Springfield at 76: How the ‘Jessie’s Girl’ Icon Redefined Aging in Rock with His Viral Physique
Entertainment July 11, 2026
Prince Harry and Meghan’s Children Reunite with King Charles: A Royal Family Milestone After Years of Tension
Entertainment July 11, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.