onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: NFL fines Atlanta Falcons, Jeff Ulbrich over Shedeur Sanders call
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
Sports

NFL fines Atlanta Falcons, Jeff Ulbrich over Shedeur Sanders call

Last updated: April 29, 2025 8:00 pm
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
4 Min Read
NFL fines Atlanta Falcons, Jeff Ulbrich over Shedeur Sanders call
SHARE

The National Football League has fined the Atlanta Falcons and assistant coach Jeff Ulbrich after Ulbrich’s son admitted to prank-calling prospective quarterback Shedeur Sanders during the NFL draft.

An NFL spokesperson said in a statement to CBS News that the Falcons were fined $250,000 and Ulbrich was fined $100,000 “for failing to prevent the disclosure of confidential information distributed to the club in advance of the NFL Draft.”

The Atlanta Falcons said that Jax Ulbrich, 21, found Sanders’ number on an open iPad belonging to his father and the team, and wrote down the number.

Sanders, who played for the University of Colorado, was expected to be drafted early on, but was not drafted until the fifth round by the Cleveland Browns.

shedAs CBS Sports reported, the prank call took place while Sanders was hosting a livestream event during the second day of the draft. When he picked up the phone, the person on the other end of the line claimed to be New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis. The person said that the Saints would be picking Sanders next.

Sanders said that he had been waiting for this. Then the person on the other end reversed course and said Sanders would “have to wait a little longer.”

Sanders said he and others at the event were left confused, and he began to suspect a prank.

“I don’t know what that was,” Sanders said on the livestream. “Nobody got this number, though. Nobody. This is a private number.”

The Atlanta Falcons said it facilitated an apology directly from Jax Ulbrich to Sanders. He also publicly apologized for his actions, calling them “completely inexcusable, embarrassing, and shameful.”

The Falcons said Jeff Ulbrich “was unaware of the data exposure or any facets of the prank” and only became aware of his son’s access to the iPad “after the fact.” A spokesperson said the team does not plan to pursue disciplinary actions against Jeff Ulbrich, CBS Colorado reported.

In a statement addressing the NFL fines, the team said, “We appreciate the NFL’s swift and thorough review of last week’s data exposure and the event that transpired due to it.”

“We were proactive in addressing the situation internally and cooperated fully with the league throughout the process, and accept the discipline levied to Coach Jeff Ulbrich and the organization,” the team said. “We are confident in our security policies and practices and will continue to emphasize adherence to them with our staff whether on or off premises. Additionally, the Ulbrich family is working with the organization to participate in community service initiatives in relation to last week’s matter.”

CBS Sports reported that at least six players were prank-called during the draft. The other calls are under investigation, but were not believed to be related to the Sanders incident.

Kristi Noem says she’s “very confident” undocumented migrants stole her purse

Ashlie Crosson named 2025 National Teacher of the Year

Kristi Noem says if Kilmar Abrego Garcia returned to U.S. we’d “immediately deport him again”

You Might Also Like

Prize money for Black’s Tire 200 at Rockingham Speedway

Purdue’s Poll Dominance Signals Early Shift in College Basketball Power Dynamics

St. John’s Breaks Through: How Hopkins and the Red Storm Outpaced Baylor in the Players Era Statement Game

McLaren’s Norris and Piastri Disqualified After Vegas GP: F1 Title Race Explodes Wide Open

Iron Will or High-Stakes Gamble? Inside Justin Herbert’s Decision to Play Through a Broken Hand

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Shift4 surges 11% on earnings beat as fintech stocks pop Shift4 surges 11% on earnings beat as fintech stocks pop
Next Article Tariffs, oil prices and other uncertainties weighing down Mideast economies, IMF says Tariffs, oil prices and other uncertainties weighing down Mideast economies, IMF says

Latest News

Prince Andrew’s Legal Peril Deepens: Transatlantic Probe Targets Giuffre Family
Entertainment July 11, 2026
Sofia Vergara’s Etro Dress: The Keyhole Cutout That’s Turning Heads on Italian Streets
Entertainment July 11, 2026
Rick Springfield at 76: How the ‘Jessie’s Girl’ Icon Redefined Aging in Rock with His Viral Physique
Entertainment July 11, 2026
Prince Harry and Meghan’s Children Reunite with King Charles: A Royal Family Milestone After Years of Tension
Entertainment July 11, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.