onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: Nearly $34 million worth of illegal e-cigarettes seized by federal officials
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
News

Nearly $34 million worth of illegal e-cigarettes seized by federal officials

Last updated: May 23, 2025 1:55 am
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
3 Min Read
Nearly  million worth of illegal e-cigarettes seized by federal officials
SHARE

Federal authorities seized nearly $34 million worth of illegal e-cigarettes in their latest effort to crack down on unauthorized vaping products entering the U.S.

The Food and Drug Administration and U.S. Customs and Border Protection discovered nearly two million illegal e-cigarette units during inspections in Chicago this February, officials announced Thursday.

Almost all the products came from China and included brands like Snoopy Smoke and Raz.

In a new move to combat illegal imports, the FDA also sent warning letters to 24 companies that bring tobacco products into the country.

“We can and will do more to stop illegal e-cigarettes from coming into the United States,” FDA Commissioner Marty Makary said in the press release. “These seizures keep unauthorized products away from our nation’s youth.”

More than 20 million e-cigarettes are sold each month in the U.S., according to CDC Foundation data. However, only 34 tobacco and menthol-flavored e-cigarette products are allowed to be sold in the U.S.

Nearly  million worth of illegal e-cigarettes seized by federal officials
PHOTO: Millions of unauthorized e-cigarettes from China stopped at US border. (U.S. Food and Drug Administration)

Officials said many companies tried to sneak illegal products past customs by using fake labels and incorrect values on shipping documents.

“We keep finding more shipments of vaping products that are packaged and mislabeled to avoid getting caught,” according to Bret Koplow, who leads the FDA’s tobacco regulation center. “But we’re getting better at stopping these products before they reach U.S. stores.”

Yolonda Richardson, president and CEO of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, said in a statement: “This joint federal enforcement action is an important step to crack down on illegal e-cigarette products that put kids at risk. We urge continued, coordinated and enhanced action by FDA, CBP and other federal agencies to further prevent illegal e-cigarettes from being imported, distributed, and sold in the United States. In particular, the government should hold those illegally importing these products accountable to the fullest extent of the law.”

The FDA said the seized products would be destroyed. This operation was part of an ongoing effort that had already stopped more than $77 million worth of illegal e-cigarettes in the past year through similar raids in Los Angeles, Miami, and Chicago.

The agency has also issued more than 750 warning letters to companies making or selling unauthorized vaping products and over 800 warnings to stores selling them. It also filed financial penalties against 87 manufacturers and more than 175 retailers.

Nearly $34 million worth of illegal e-cigarettes seized by federal officials originally appeared on abcnews.go.com

You Might Also Like

Trump touts trade truce with China as White House searches for wins

Booker blasts Trump’s response to Los Angeles protests compared to Capitol riots

Beyond the Headlines: Unpacking the Detention of Manuel Tique and Venezuela’s Prisoner Tactics

Venezuela’s Oil Will Flow Again: Trump’s Bold Plan to Reclaim Venezuela’s Wealth

Lawler mocks potential Maloney comeback campaign

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Remastered Massively Outsold the Original Oblivion in the U.S. in its First Month The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Remastered Massively Outsold the Original Oblivion in the U.S. in its First Month
Next Article DOGE targets Census Bureau, worrying data users about health of US data infrastructure DOGE targets Census Bureau, worrying data users about health of US data infrastructure

Latest News

Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Matt O’Riley Transfer Saga: Tottenham Joins Race with Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
The Bowen Chase: Why Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man Utd Are Circling West Ham’s Star Amid Relegation Fear
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Guardiola’s Succession Decree: Why Enzo Maresca is Manchester City’s Anointed Heir
Sports May 20, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.