onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: ‘Made in the USA’ wording vanishes from Trump Mobile’s smartphone listing
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
Finance

‘Made in the USA’ wording vanishes from Trump Mobile’s smartphone listing

Last updated: June 26, 2025 8:01 pm
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
3 Min Read
‘Made in the USA’ wording vanishes from Trump Mobile’s smartphone listing
SHARE

  • The Trump-branded smartphone might not be “Made in the USA” after all.

  • Since its announcement, Trump Mobile has changed the wording of its gold-colored T1 smartphone listing.

  • Now it says the $499 phone will be “brought to life right here in the USA” and “

The listing for the Trump-branded smartphone still promises to Make America Great Again — but not that it’ll be made in the USA.

Since its June 16th announcement, Trump Mobile has changed some of its descriptions, including the once gigantic “MADE IN THE USA” banner. Now, the site says the phone will be “brought to life right here in the USA” and “proudly American.”

A screenshot of what Trump Mobile's smartphone listing previously advertised.
A screenshot of what Trump Mobile’s smartphone listing previously advertised, as captured by the Internet Archive’s WayBack Machine.Trump Mobile/The Internet Archive

That’s an important distinction. The Federal Trade Commission has strict rules for what it considers “qualified” or “unqualified” claims for companies advertising a product as “Made in the USA.” The FTC says that in order to reach that threshold, “all or virtually all” component sourcing and labor must be domestic.

The Verge earlier reported on the product listing change.

A screenshot of Trump Mobile's product listing for the T1 smartphone on June 26, 2025.
A screenshot of Trump Mobile’s product listing for the T1 smartphone on June 26, 2025.Trump Mobile

Trump Mobile spokesperson Chris Walker told USA Today that the T1 phone would still be made in the US. Trump Mobile did not immediately respond to a request for further comment from Business Insider about the reason behind the change to the product listing.

The Trump Organization sparked skepticism from many in the tech community with its initial announcement that its flagship, gold-colored smartphone called the T1, would be made in the USA for just $499 with the specs advertised.

Apple and other major brands have kept smartphone operations abroad because expected labor costs and a relative lack of manufacturing capacity would further inflate already expensive phones. (One analyst previously told Business Insider that if Apple were to manufacture an iPhone in the US, he’d estimate the cost to rise to $3,500).

The “Made in the USA” language isn’t the only detail to vanish from the T1 phone’s product page. There’s no longer a mention that it will have 12 GB of RAM. Other changes include going from a 6.78-inch AMOLED screen to 6.25 inches.

For its phone network, Trump Mobile’s website says it’s working with Liberty Mobile Wireless, a small Florida-based network, to help establish network capacity.

Read the original article on Business Insider

You Might Also Like

The Income Considered Lower-Middle Class in Every State

Gen Z is increasingly turning to ChatGPT for affordable on-demand therapy, but licensed therapists say there are dangers many aren’t considering

Texas House of Representatives approves initial bill that would ban Chinese citizens from owning property

How To Start Investing With Less Than $1,000

Hewlett Packard beats Q2 revenue estimates on AI demand; records $1.36 billion charge

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Woman ‘Started Screaming’ After M Lottery Prize Win: ‘My Daughter Thought Something Bad Had Happened’ Woman ‘Started Screaming’ After $1M Lottery Prize Win: ‘My Daughter Thought Something Bad Had Happened’
Next Article George Pickens backs out of hosting his own youth football camp George Pickens backs out of hosting his own youth football camp

Latest News

PFL Brussels 2026: Why the Odds Are Stacked Against the Underdogs in a Night of Dominant Favorites
PFL Brussels 2026: Why the Odds Are Stacked Against the Underdogs in a Night of Dominant Favorites
Sports May 23, 2026
Ja Morant Spotted at WNBA’s Dream vs. Wings: What His Presence Means for the NBA Star and Women’s Basketball
Ja Morant Spotted at WNBA’s Dream vs. Wings: What His Presence Means for the NBA Star and Women’s Basketball
Sports May 23, 2026
WWE Clash in Italy: Rhea Ripley vs. Jade Cargill Rematch Confirmed—Why This Title Showdown Matters
WWE Clash in Italy: Rhea Ripley vs. Jade Cargill Rematch Confirmed—Why This Title Showdown Matters
Sports May 23, 2026
Gerrit Cole’s Triumphant Return: 6 Shutout Innings After 569-Day Absence, But Yankees Fall to Rays
Gerrit Cole’s Triumphant Return: 6 Shutout Innings After 569-Day Absence, But Yankees Fall to Rays
Sports May 23, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.