onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: Harvard files legal challenge over Trump’s ban on US entry for incoming foreign students
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
News

Harvard files legal challenge over Trump’s ban on US entry for incoming foreign students

Last updated: June 6, 2025 12:49 am
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
2 Min Read
Harvard files legal challenge over Trump’s ban on US entry for incoming foreign students
SHARE

Harvard University is challenging President Donald Trump’s move to block foreign students from coming to the United States to attend the Ivy League school, calling it illegal retaliation for Harvard’s rejection of White House demands.

In an amended complaint filed Thursday, Harvard called the president’s action an end-run around a previous court order.

Last month, a federal judge blocked the Department of Homeland Security from revoking Harvard’s ability to host foreign students.

Harvard University filed a legal challenge against the Trump administration’s move to block foreign students from entering the United States to study at the college. AFP via Getty Images
Harvard University filed a legal challenge against the Trump administration’s move to block foreign students from entering the United States to study at the college. AFP via Getty Images

The filing attacks Trump’s legal justification for the action — a federal law allowing him to block a “class of aliens” deemed detrimental to the nation’s interests.

Targeting only those who are coming to the US to study at Harvard doesn’t qualify as a “class of aliens,” Harvard said in its filing.

“The President’s actions thus are not undertaken to protect the ‘interests of the United States,’ but instead to pursue a government vendetta against Harvard,” the university wrote.

The amended complaint came in a lawsuit filed last month challenging the previous action from Homeland Security.

President Donald Trump receives Chancellor Merz (CDU) in the Oval Office at the White House on June 5, 2025. dpa/picture alliance via Getty Images
President Donald Trump receives Chancellor Merz (CDU) in the Oval Office at the White House on June 5, 2025. dpa/picture alliance via Getty Images

A federal judge in Boston blocked the move after Harvard said it violated the school’s First Amendment rights. The new filing asks the same judge to block Trump’s latest action too.

If Trump’s measure stands, it would block thousands of students who are scheduled to come to the campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts, for summer and fall terms.

“Harvard’s more than 7,000 F-1 and J-1 visa holders — and their dependents — have become pawns in the government’s escalating campaign of retaliation,” Harvard wrote.

You Might Also Like

Acting U.S. Attorney for D.C. Ed Martin stirs controversy with prosecutor demotions, messages to “thugs”

Appeals court tosses judge’s contempt finding against Trump administration in prison deportations

Korean American sues Trump admin to stop deportation over campus activism | Civil Rights News

Kenyan civilian shot at close range by police during protests dies

Democratic Women’s Caucus demands probe of treatment of women in ICE detention

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article An Instagram engineer breaks down how he schedules his workweek and uses ‘focus blocks’ to be productive An Instagram engineer breaks down how he schedules his workweek and uses ‘focus blocks’ to be productive
Next Article Olympics-US travel ban will not hinder Los Angeles Olympics, LA28 CEO says Olympics-US travel ban will not hinder Los Angeles Olympics, LA28 CEO says

Latest News

Florida Gators’ Historic Playoff Push: Why 2026 Is Different
Florida Gators’ Historic Playoff Push: Why 2026 Is Different
Sports May 22, 2026
Moyes Confronts Garner’s England Omission and Everton’s Murky Season Ambitions
Moyes Confronts Garner’s England Omission and Everton’s Murky Season Ambitions
Sports May 22, 2026
From Hater to Heartbroken: Carson Hocevar’s Poignant Farewell to NASCAR Legend Kyle Busch
From Hater to Heartbroken: Carson Hocevar’s Poignant Farewell to NASCAR Legend Kyle Busch
Sports May 22, 2026
Guardiola’s Goodbye: Decoding the Emotional Legacy in His Final Manchester City Letter
Guardiola’s Goodbye: Decoding the Emotional Legacy in His Final Manchester City Letter
Sports May 22, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.