onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: Exclusive-Blackstone drops out of consortium bid for TikTok US, source says
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
News

Exclusive-Blackstone drops out of consortium bid for TikTok US, source says

Last updated: July 18, 2025 7:41 pm
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
4 Min Read
Exclusive-Blackstone drops out of consortium bid for TikTok US, source says
SHARE

By Dawn Chmielewski and Krystal Hu

(Reuters) -Private equity giant Blackstone has withdrawn from a consortium seeking to invest in TikTok’s U.S. operations, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Friday.

The latest change came as uncertainty has mounted and there have been several delays in the TikTok deal now at the center of U.S.-China trade talks.

Blackstone had planned to take a minority stake in the TikTok U.S. business in a deal orchestrated by President Donald Trump. The consortium is led by Susquehanna International Group and General Atlantic, current investors in TikTok’s Chinese owner ByteDance. The group had emerged as the front-runner to secure TikTok’s U.S. business in a deal under which U.S. investors would own 80% of TikTok, while ByteDance would retain a minority stake.

Blackstone declined to comment. TikTok did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The deadline for ByteDance to divest the popular social media app in the U.S. has been repeatedly postponed, creating uncertainty for investors.

Last month, Trump signed a third executive order extending the deadline for ByteDance to sell TikTok or face a ban, moving the cutoff to September 17. In April 2024, Congress passed a law mandating a sale or shutdown of TikTok by January 19, 2025.

Extensions to the deadline have drawn criticism from some lawmakers, who argue the Trump administration is “flouting the law” and ignoring national security concerns related to Chinese control over TikTok.

ByteDance is exploring various options to address these concerns, including selling or restructuring its U.S. operations. The Chinese social media giant, which raked in $43 billion in the first three months of this year, recently surpassed Meta in quarterly revenue, sources told Reuters.

The U.S. consortium, favored by the administration in any TikTok deal, also includes KKR, as well as new investors such as Andreessen Horowitz, Reuters previously reported. Oracle is also likely to take a stake. It is unclear whether other bidders in the consortium are still involved.

A deal had been in the works this spring to spin off TikTok’s U.S. operations into a new U.S.-based firm. Talks were put on hold after China indicated it would not approve the transaction, following Trump’s announcement of steep tariffs on Chinese goods.

If a sale is finalized, the new U.S. app is expected to be owned by a joint venture formed by an American investor consortium and ByteDance, which would maintain a minority stake. TikTok is already working on a U.S.-specific app, sources told Reuters.

Blackstone’s exit highlights the complexities and uncertainties involved in the deal, as the ongoing talks over TikTok’s fate have now become part of Trump’s broader trade negotiations with China, and Trump said he would speak to President Xi Jinping about it.

(Reporting by Dawn Chmielewski in Los Angeles and Krystal Hu in New York; Editing by David Gregorio)

You Might Also Like

William Shatner offers Gayle King advice before Blue Origin’s women-led space flight: “You’ve got to embrace it”

Unsealing the Past: DOJ Pushes for Full Disclosure in Epstein and Maxwell Grand Jury Cases

Musk could lose billions of dollars depending on how spat with Trump unfolds

Deadly Russian drone attack in Ukraine before next US talks in Saudi Arabia | News

WATCH: Wall of Remembrance displayed as lawmakers commemorate Memorial Day

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Photographer’s eerie lookalike inspired a search for world’s best dopplegängers Photographer’s eerie lookalike inspired a search for world’s best dopplegängers
Next Article FBI personnel were told to flag Epstein files mentioning Trump, Senate Democrat says FBI personnel were told to flag Epstein files mentioning Trump, Senate Democrat says

Latest News

Cameron Brink’s All-White Statement: Fashion Meets a Full-Strength Return for the Sparks
Cameron Brink’s All-White Statement: Fashion Meets a Full-Strength Return for the Sparks
Sports May 11, 2026
Binghamton’s Historic Rally Sets Up David vs. Goliath Showdown with Oklahoma
Binghamton’s Historic Rally Sets Up David vs. Goliath Showdown with Oklahoma
Sports May 11, 2026
SEC Dominance: Alabama Claims No. 1 Seed as Conference Floods NCAA Softball Bracket
SEC Dominance: Alabama Claims No. 1 Seed as Conference Floods NCAA Softball Bracket
Sports May 11, 2026
Frustration Boils Over: Wembanyama’s Ejection Alters Spurs’ Trajectory
Frustration Boils Over: Wembanyama’s Ejection Alters Spurs’ Trajectory
Sports May 11, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.