onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: Court blocks administration from deporting 3 Venezuelan immigrants held in New Mexico to Guantanamo Bay
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
News

Court blocks administration from deporting 3 Venezuelan immigrants held in New Mexico to Guantanamo Bay

Last updated: February 10, 2025 5:18 am
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
3 Min Read
Court blocks administration from deporting 3 Venezuelan immigrants held in New Mexico to Guantanamo Bay
SHARE

Albuquerque, N.M. — A federal court on Sunday blocked the Trump administration from sending three Venezuelan immigrants held in New Mexico to Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba as part of the president’s immigration crackdown.

In a legal filing earlier in the day, lawyers for the men said the detainees “fit the profile of those the administration has prioritized for detention in Guantanamo, i.e. Venezuelan men detained in the El Paso area with (false) charges of connections with the Tren de Aragua gang.”

It asked a U.S. District Court in New Mexico for a temporary restraining order blocking their transfer, adding that “the mere uncertainty the government has created surrounding the availability of legal process and counsel access is sufficient to authorize the modest injunction.”

During a brief hearing, Judge Kenneth J. Gonzales granted the temporary order, which was opposed by the government, said Jessica Vosburgh, an attorney for the three men.

“It’s short term. This will get revisited and further fleshed out in the weeks to come,” Vosburgh told The Associated Press.

A message seeking comment was left for U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement.

The filing came as part of a lawsuit on behalf of the three men filed by the Center for Constitutional Rights, the American Civil Liberties Union of New Mexico and Las Americas Immigrant Advisory Center.

The Tren de Aragua gang originated in a lawless prison in the central Venezuelan state of Aragua more than a decade ago and has expanded in recent years as millions of desperate Venezuelans fled President President Nicolás Maduro ‘s rule and migrated to other parts of Latin America or the U.S.

Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem said last week that flights of detainees had landed at Guantanamo. Immigrant rights groups sent a letter Friday demanding access to people who have been sent there, saying the base should not be used as a “legal black hole.”

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said Wednesday that more than 8,000 people have been arrested in immigration enforcement actions since Mr. Trump’s Jan. 20 inauguration.

He has vowed to deport millions of the estimated 11.7 million people in the U.S. illegally.

More

You Might Also Like

Louisiana police chiefs among those arrested and accused in a bribery scheme to help foreign nationals get visas

Epstein accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell wants grand jury transcripts to stay hidden

Thousands join antigovernment protest in Serbia’s capital, Belgrade | Protests News

How Chef Gavin Kaysen’s Grandmother’s Recipes Forged a Culinary Empire

Israel carrying out ‘live-streamed genocide’ in Gaza, Amnesty says | Israel-Palestine conflict News

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article White victimhood to G20: What’s behind Trump’s attacks on South Africa? | International Trade News White victimhood to G20: What’s behind Trump’s attacks on South Africa? | International Trade News
Next Article Palestinians returning to ‘toxic wasteland’ in northern Gaza | Israel-Palestine conflict News Palestinians returning to ‘toxic wasteland’ in northern Gaza | Israel-Palestine conflict News

Latest News

Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Matt O’Riley Transfer Saga: Tottenham Joins Race with Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
The Bowen Chase: Why Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man Utd Are Circling West Ham’s Star Amid Relegation Fear
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Guardiola’s Succession Decree: Why Enzo Maresca is Manchester City’s Anointed Heir
Sports May 20, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.