onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: ‘Core’ Biden advisor appears before House committee
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
News

‘Core’ Biden advisor appears before House committee

Last updated: August 1, 2025 4:35 am
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
5 Min Read
‘Core’ Biden advisor appears before House committee
SHARE

(The Center Square) – Mike Donilon, former President Joe Biden’s then-senior advisor, appeared before a closed House committee Thursday to discuss the investigation into the former president’s mental and physical fitness.

Donilon was tight-lipped prior to appearing before House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform for a transcribed interview.

Reporters flanked the former advisor, peppering him with questions about Biden’s cognitive state. Donilon remained silent.

Donilon marks the third witness to voluntarily appear before the committee in defense of the former president.

His testimony would be especially significant as he began working for Biden in 1981, starting with his time in the U.S. Senate, then as vice president and president. Donilon could provide the committee with a larger picture of a potential Biden health decline.

Committee Chairman Rep. James Comer, R-Ky., described Donilon as one of the former president’s “core” advisors.

In a letter requesting Donilon’s appearance before the committee, Comer accused the former advisor of shielding Biden.

“You were reportedly responsible for erecting a wall between the former president and senators ‘to shield Biden from bad information,’” Comer wrote.

The chairman noted that Donilon participated in an event at Harvard where the former advisor candidly spoke on the former president’s “cognition,” denying claims Biden had mentally declined, leading Comer to want to investigate further.

On Wednesday, the committee interviewed Steve Ricchetti, who served as counselor to Biden.

Ricchetti defended the former president in a prepared statement obtained by The Hill, claiming he had complete faith in Biden.

“Let me be clear: At all times during his presidency, I believed that President Biden was fully capable of exercising his Presidential duties and responsibilities, and that he did so,” Ricchetti stated. “Neither I, nor anyone else, usurped President Biden’s constitutional duties, which he faithfully and fully carried out each and every day.”

However, Ricchetti acknowledged the former president did have his moments, but brushed them off, reiterating his confidence in Biden.

“Did he stumble? Occasionally. Make mistakes? Get up on the wrong side of the bed? He did – we all did. But I always believed – every day – that he had the capability, character, and judgment to be president of the United States,” Ricchetti added.

Last week, the committee interviewed Ron Klain, who served as chief of staff to the former president during the first half of his presidency.

Comer told Newsmax that Klain answered every question, admitting that Biden’s “memory had deteriorated a little bit” and “wasn’t as sharp” in the lead-up to the former president dropping out of the race for reelection. However, Comer added that Klain told the committee that he believed Biden was still competent to lead – echoing Ricchetti’s statements.

Previous witnesses who have been subpoenaed include Annie Tomasini, who served as an assistant to the former president and deputy director of Oval Office Operations, former First Lady Jill Biden’s chief of staff, Anthony Bernal, and Dr. Kevin O’Connor, Biden’s physician. They all pleaded their Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination and refused to answer questions.

Comer claims those witnesses show “a pattern … seeking to shield themselves from criminal liability.”

Questions regarding Biden’s mental fitness were raised well before the 2020 presidential election. Republicans and many in the conservative media continued to raise questions regarding the former president’s health throughout his presidency.

However, the White House claimed Biden received regular medical exams, showing a healthy, competent president.

The House committee announced in early June that it was expanding its investigation into the “cover-up” of Biden’s “mental decline.”

Comer sent letters to five former senior Biden White House aides, “demanding they appear for transcribed interviews.” Comer’s committee is investigating “potentially unauthorized issuance of sweeping pardons and other executive action.”

The investigations have been fueled in part by the book written by Jake Tapper and Alex Thompson, “Original Sin,” which the congressman quoted as claiming, “Five people were running the country, and Joe Biden was at best a senior member of the board.”

Karine Jean-Pierre, who served as Biden’s press secretary; Ian Sams, former assistant to the president and senior advisor in the White House Counsel’s Office; Andrew Bates, former deputy assistant to the president and senior deputy press secretary; and Jeff Zients, Biden’s former chief of staff, have also been called to testify in front of the committee.

You Might Also Like

Over 3,500 IRS employees in one division expected to be terminated by end of week

Appeals Court Rips Obama-Appointed Judge’s Legal Abuse Against Trump Admin

Russia hits Kyiv with more missiles and drones, causing fires and injuring at least 10

Trump admin will give billions in remaining withheld grants to schools

Will Trump get played by Putin? Europe is worried

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Quantum computing occurs naturally in the human brain, study finds Quantum computing occurs naturally in the human brain, study finds
Next Article Red Sox acquire RHP Dustin May from Dodgers but fall short of a front-line starter Red Sox acquire RHP Dustin May from Dodgers but fall short of a front-line starter

Latest News

Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Matt O’Riley Transfer Saga: Tottenham Joins Race with Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
The Bowen Chase: Why Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man Utd Are Circling West Ham’s Star Amid Relegation Fear
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Guardiola’s Succession Decree: Why Enzo Maresca is Manchester City’s Anointed Heir
Sports May 20, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.