onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: Bethany Hamilton Addresses Misconceptions 22 Years After Losing Arm to Shark Bite
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
Entertainment

Bethany Hamilton Addresses Misconceptions 22 Years After Losing Arm to Shark Bite

Last updated: July 28, 2025 2:38 am
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
3 Min Read
Bethany Hamilton Addresses Misconceptions 22 Years After Losing Arm to Shark Bite
SHARE

Bethany Hamilton Addresses Misconceptions 22 Years After Losing Arm to Shark Bite originally appeared on Parade.

Bethany Hamilton is setting the record straight about the events that followed her 2003 shark attack.

The professional surfer famously lost her arm to a shark bite while surfing along a Hawaii beach when she was just 13 years old. Now, nearly 22 years after the incident, Hamilton is clearing up some misconceptions about what happened to the shark after the attack.

🎬SIGN UP for Parade’s Daily newsletter to get the latest pop culture news & celebrity interviews delivered right to your inbox🎬

Taking to Instagram on Saturday, July 26, Hamilton, now 35, addressed a fan-submitted question about why the shark that attacked her was ultimately killed.

“One person even asked, ‘Why did you kill the shark?'” Hamilton said in the new clip, while insisting that she had no part in the killing of the shark after her attack.

In fact, Hamilton said she didn’t even know about it when it was happening.

“I had no clue, like I was not involved. It wasn’t my choice. I did nothing in this situation,” Hamilton explained, noting that she was still in the hospital recovering at the time.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Bethany Hamilton (@bethanyhamilton)

Hamilton went on to read some negative comments from people criticizing the decision to kill the shark, while explaining that she personally doesn’t even support the shark culling industry.

“I don’t know the thought process [behind killing the shark],” Hamilton continued, while sharing a photo of the shark being held up by a crane on the beach after it was killed.

She also added that the shark’s noticeable “jagged fin” is how the shark was able to be identified as the same one that bit her.

“While I was passive in this action, I do know most of the local community was relived the shark that bit me was killed…” she added in her caption, noting that the shark had been “cruising” around the area for weeks.

Following the 2003 incident, Hamilton returned to surfing shortly after and even continued to compete at a high level. Her story was later featured in the movie Soul Surfer starring AnnaSophia Robb in 2011.

Related: Bethany Hamilton Thought She Was Asked to Be a Judge on ‘The Masked Singer’

Bethany Hamilton Addresses Misconceptions 22 Years After Losing Arm to Shark Bite first appeared on Parade on Jul 27, 2025

This story was originally reported by Parade on Jul 27, 2025, where it first appeared.

You Might Also Like

Kate Middleton’s Hat Steals the Show Again—and Why It Matters for Britain’s Future

Resurfaced Video Shows Charlie Kirk Criticized Nicki Minaj’s Role Model Status

The Enduring Legacy of Michael Moore’s ‘Roger & Me’: How a 1989 Documentary Predicted America’s Industrial Decline

Kate Hudson’s No-Nonsense Breakup Philosophy: Why She’s ‘Done’ the Moment Relationship Doubts Arise

‘South Park’ creators ‘apologize’ for latest Trump episode: ‘We’re terribly sorry’

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Red Sox rookie infielder Marcelo Mayer goes on 10-day IL with right wrist sprain Red Sox rookie infielder Marcelo Mayer goes on 10-day IL with right wrist sprain
Next Article Kansas men’s basketball coach Bill Self released from hospital after undergoing heart procedure Kansas men’s basketball coach Bill Self released from hospital after undergoing heart procedure

Latest News

Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Matt O’Riley Transfer Saga: Tottenham Joins Race with Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
The Bowen Chase: Why Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man Utd Are Circling West Ham’s Star Amid Relegation Fear
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Guardiola’s Succession Decree: Why Enzo Maresca is Manchester City’s Anointed Heir
Sports May 20, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.