onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: South Korea blames pilots for bombing civilian village
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
News

South Korea blames pilots for bombing civilian village

Last updated: March 12, 2025 11:45 pm
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
4 Min Read
South Korea blames pilots for bombing civilian village
SHARE

South Korean military investigators have charged two Air Force pilots with criminal negligence following an accidental bombing of the village of Nogok-ri, which resulted in at least 29 injuries and significant property damage.

The incident occurred on March 6, when two KF-16 fighter jets mistakenly released eight MK-82 bombs over Nogok-ri, Pocheon, near the North Korean border, during a live-fire exercise.

“The Criminal Investigation Command has confirmed in the probe to date that the pilots’ erroneous entry of target coordinates was the direct cause of the accident,” the defense ministry said on Thursday, according to Yonhap. The charged pilots have been removed from flight duties, and their flight certifications are under review.

The bombing injured at least 29 people, including 15 civilians, with two individuals sustaining serious injuries. The explosions, which occurred outside the designated firing range, caused extensive damage to civilian structures, including five houses, a church, a warehouse, and a greenhouse.

Footage of a bomb falling on the village of Nogok in South Korea.Latest data, 15 people, including two soldiers, were injured as a result of a mistaken bomb drop by a fighter jet of the national air force. Before this, a bomb was dropped by mistake back in 2004. pic.twitter.com/wb2LLryKak

— MissRedPillUp (@makingtrailsKY) March 6, 2025

In response to the incident, the South Korean Air Force has suspended all live-fire exercises and grounded training flights pending a thorough investigation. The Air Force Chief of Staff has apologized and pledged to review mission procedures to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

The United States Forces Korea (USFK) said that no US Air Force aircraft were involved in the botched live-fire exercise. However, the mishap has raised concerns among local residents about the safety of such drills near civilian areas. Pocheon and neighboring regions host training grounds used by both South Korean and US military forces.

Civilian village bombed during US-South Korea drills (VIDEO)

North Korea has criticized the joint drills, stating that such accidents highlight the risk of these exercises escalating into armed conflict, particularly if ordnance were to inadvertently cross into North Korean territory.

“There is no need to explain how the situation would have developed if a bomb had been dropped towards the north a little further to cross the border of the DPRK,” North Korea’s state news agency KCNA said in a commentary on Wednesday. “It is not unreasonable to imagine that an accidental spark might plunge the Korean Peninsula, the region, and the rest of the world into a new armed conflict.”

The incident occurred ahead of the annual Freedom Shield exercises, a major joint military drill between South Korea and the United States, scheduled from March 10 to March 20. While live-fire drills have been suspended, the command post exercises have proceeded as planned. On Wednesday, they simulated an assault on a North Korean facility suspected of storing an unidentified weapon of mass destruction (WMD).

You can share this story on social media:

Follow RT onRT
RT

You Might Also Like

Federal Judge Blocks Trump Agents From Pepper-Spraying Peaceful Minnesota Protesters

Trump knocks Taylor Swift in post supporting Sydney Sweeney, American Eagle jeans ad

The Unseen Story: How a Shivering Pup’s Rescue Illuminates Southern California’s Climate Vulnerabilities and Community Spirit

Former Biden Admin Official Says He Should’ve ‘Bowed Out’ After ‘Afghanistan Debacle’

‘Doesn’t Have The Votes’: GOP House Members Blast Senate’s ‘Big, Beautiful’ Bill Revisions

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Across Global South, USAID’s demise raises fears of malaria, TB resurgence | Poverty and Development News Across Global South, USAID’s demise raises fears of malaria, TB resurgence | Poverty and Development News
Next Article ‘Many will die’: UN aid chief warns of fallout as humanitarian relief cut | United Nations News ‘Many will die’: UN aid chief warns of fallout as humanitarian relief cut | United Nations News

Latest News

Cameron Brink’s All-White Statement: Fashion Meets a Full-Strength Return for the Sparks
Cameron Brink’s All-White Statement: Fashion Meets a Full-Strength Return for the Sparks
Sports May 11, 2026
Binghamton’s Historic Rally Sets Up David vs. Goliath Showdown with Oklahoma
Binghamton’s Historic Rally Sets Up David vs. Goliath Showdown with Oklahoma
Sports May 11, 2026
SEC Dominance: Alabama Claims No. 1 Seed as Conference Floods NCAA Softball Bracket
SEC Dominance: Alabama Claims No. 1 Seed as Conference Floods NCAA Softball Bracket
Sports May 11, 2026
Frustration Boils Over: Wembanyama’s Ejection Alters Spurs’ Trajectory
Frustration Boils Over: Wembanyama’s Ejection Alters Spurs’ Trajectory
Sports May 11, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.