onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: US suspends intelligence sharing with Ukraine | Russia-Ukraine war News
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
News

US suspends intelligence sharing with Ukraine | Russia-Ukraine war News

Last updated: March 5, 2025 10:27 am
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
4 Min Read
US suspends intelligence sharing with Ukraine | Russia-Ukraine war News
SHARE

CIA Director John Ratcliffe confirms US ‘pause’ in intelligence sharing with Kyiv amid tensions between allies.

The United States has suspended intelligence sharing with Kyiv in a move that could severely restrict the Ukrainian military’s ability to strike Russian forces.

The cut-off comes after the US suspended military aid to Ukraine amid a dramatic collapse in relations between US President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

Since the start of the war in 2022, the US has provided Ukraine with significant intelligence, including critical information its military needs for targeting purposes.

It was not immediately clear to what extent the US had cut off the sharing.

In an interview with Fox Business broadcast on Wednesday, CIA Director John Ratcliffe confirmed the US “pause” in support.

“I think on the military front and the intelligence front, the pause [that prompted Ukraine’s president to respond] I think will go away,” Ratcliffe said.

“I think we’ll work shoulder to shoulder with Ukraine as we have to push back on the aggression that’s there, but to put the world in a better place for these peace negotiations to move forward,” he said.

US-Ukraine relations broke down dramatically last week when Zelenskyy and Trump clashed in the White House on Friday, but there have been some signs of an improvement this week.

Trump on Tuesday said he received a letter from President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in which the Ukrainian leader expressed willingness to enter negotiations over Russia’s war on Ukraine.

Zelenskyy said in the letter that he was “ready to come to the negotiating table as soon as possible to bring lasting peace closer”.

“We do really value how much America has done to help Ukraine maintain its sovereignty and independence,” he wrote.

Since the war began in February 2022, the US has sent approximately $86bn to Ukraine in military aid, according to the Centre for Strategic and International Studies.

When asked how the Kremlin viewed Zelenskyy’s letter, spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said “positively”.

“The question is who to sit down with. For now, the Ukrainian president is still legally prohibited from negotiating with the Russian side. So, overall, the approach is positive, but the nuances have not changed yet,” Peskov said, referring to a Zelenskyy decree in 2022 that ruled out negotiations with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

However, Zelenskyy has repeatedly said he would be willing to meet Putin, but only after Kyiv and its allies agree on a common negotiating position.

 

On Wednesday, White House National Security Adviser Mike Waltz said that Trump would consider restoring aid to Ukraine if talks to end the war are arranged.

In an interview with Fox, Waltz said the letter was a “good, positive first step”.

“I think if we can nail down these negotiations and move towards these negotiations, and in fact, put some confidence-building measures on the table, then the president will take a hard look at lifting this pause,” he said without elaborating on the confidence-building measures.

“We have to know that both sides are sincerely negotiating towards a partial, then a permanent, peace,” he added.

You Might Also Like

Seattle’s ‘Flush The Rats’ PSA Erupts Into Viral Internet Frenzy

Virginia bill pushes civilian drone rules, AI approvals

46 percent of local election officials worried about politically motivated investigations: Poll

Most Poles against sending troops to Ukraine – poll

A crowded race for governor has turned into an all-out fight over Trump’s endorsement

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article U.S. has halted sharing intelligence with Ukraine, CIA director says U.S. has halted sharing intelligence with Ukraine, CIA director says
Next Article 2025 MLB Opening Day: Schedule, times, dates, how to watch, starters 2025 MLB Opening Day: Schedule, times, dates, how to watch, starters

Latest News

Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Matt O’Riley Transfer Saga: Tottenham Joins Race with Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
The Bowen Chase: Why Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man Utd Are Circling West Ham’s Star Amid Relegation Fear
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Guardiola’s Succession Decree: Why Enzo Maresca is Manchester City’s Anointed Heir
Sports May 20, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.