onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: Boeing, trying to emerge from one of company’s most difficult eras, is having a pretty good week
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
Finance

Boeing, trying to emerge from one of company’s most difficult eras, is having a pretty good week

Last updated: May 13, 2025 8:00 pm
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
3 Min Read
Boeing, trying to emerge from one of company’s most difficult eras, is having a pretty good week
SHARE

WASHINGTON (AP) — Boeing has secured a pair of major orders in the Middle East during a visit to the region by President Donald Trump.

The American aerospace manufacturer confirmed a $96 billion order from Qatar, one day after announcing an order from a company in Saudi Arabia for 20 737-8 jets and options for 10 additional aircraft.

The Qatar deal, which includes Boeing’s 787 and 777X jets, is the biggest order for 787s and wide body jets in Boeing’s history, the company confirmed.

“That’s pretty good,” Trump said in announcing the order. “Get those planes out there.”

It has been a particularly good week for Boeing. According to several media reports, China lifted a ban on its airlines taking deliveries of Boeing planes earlier this week as part of Monday’s trade truce with the U.S.

Boeing had already been in the news for its planes in the Middle East, but for different reasons.

Donald Trump said he would accept a luxury Boeing 747-8 jumbo jet as a gift from the ruling family of Qatar, setting off intense criticism from Democrats, ethicists, and even some unease among Republicans.

There are concerns from security and ethics experts that the plane could be less secure, costly to retrofit and a violation of the U.S. Constitution’s prohibition on foreign gifts. Trump offered no national security imperative for a swift upgrade rather than waiting for Boeing to finish new Air Force One jets that have been in the works for years.

Boeing has lost more than $35 billion since 2019 following the crashes of two then-new Max jets that killed 346 people.

In January 2024, a panel blew off a 737 Max shortly after takeoff from Portland, Oregon and last year, a strike by union machinists halted production at Boeing plants and hampered the company’s delivery capability.

Shares of Boeing, which has been mired in legal and regulatory problems since the crashes six years ago, bounced to their highest level in more than a year Wednesday. It was the fifth straight day of gains for the Arlington, Virginia, company.

___

This story was first published on May. 14, 2025. It was updated on May. 15, 2025 to correct when a door plug blew off a Boeing airliner near Portland. It was in January 2024.

You Might Also Like

Andy Jassy is the perfect Amazon CEO for the looming Gen AI cost-cutting era

A Woman Calls Dave Ramsey Worried Her Boyfriend Is A Crypto Scammer. His Tone Changes Completely When He Finds Out They’ve Never Met

Oil Prices Under Pressure: Decoding Sanctions, OPEC+ Strategies, and the Long-Term Investment Outlook

5 Major Social Security Mistakes Boomers Can’t Stop Making

5 Amazon Products You Should Never Buy, According to Rachel Cruze

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Siblings Find Long-Lost Big Sister Over 70 Years After Their Mom Was Forced to Give Her Up Siblings Find Long-Lost Big Sister Over 70 Years After Their Mom Was Forced to Give Her Up
Next Article Supreme Court revives suit against cop who fatally shot driver stopped for unpaid tolls Supreme Court revives suit against cop who fatally shot driver stopped for unpaid tolls

Latest News

Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Matt O’Riley Transfer Saga: Tottenham Joins Race with Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
The Bowen Chase: Why Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man Utd Are Circling West Ham’s Star Amid Relegation Fear
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Guardiola’s Succession Decree: Why Enzo Maresca is Manchester City’s Anointed Heir
Sports May 20, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.