onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: Jannik Sinner banned from tennis for three months in doping case | Tennis News
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
News

Jannik Sinner banned from tennis for three months in doping case | Tennis News

Last updated: February 15, 2025 8:23 am
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
3 Min Read
Jannik Sinner banned from tennis for three months in doping case | Tennis News
SHARE

The world number one reached a settlement with the World Anti-Doping Agency after two positive drug tests in 2024.

Jannik Sinner’s long doping saga came to an end after he agreed to a three-month ban from tennis, the world number one admitting “partial responsibility” for team mistakes which led to him twice testing positive for traces of clostebol in March last year.

The February 9 to May 4 suspension means Sinner will be free to play in the French Open, the second Grand Slam of the season, which begins on May 25 at Roland Garros.

In a statement on Saturday, Sinner said the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) accepted that he “had no intent and did not derive any competitive advantage from the two positive tests” of the banned substance.

The 2025 Australian Open champion has always said clostebol entered his system when his physiotherapist used a spray containing it to treat a cut before providing a massage and sports therapy.

“This case had been hanging over me now for nearly a year and the process still had a long time to run with a decision maybe only at the end of the year,” Sinner said.

“I have always accepted that I am responsible for my team and realise WADA’s strict rules are an important protection for the sport I love. On that basis I have accepted WADA’s offer to resolve these proceedings on the basis of a three-month sanction.”

WADA said separately that “Sinner did not intend to cheat” but that he would serve his suspension as he is responsible for the actions of his entourage.

Sport’s global doping watchdog confirmed it was withdrawing its appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), which was due to hear the case in April.

The agreement between Sinner and WADA also means that Sinner will be able to play in front of his home fans at the Rome Open which kicks off just after the end of his suspension and is the last big clay-court tournament before Roland Garros.

Saturday’s announcement brings to an end a controversy which has followed Sinner everywhere just as he rose to become the top player in men’s tennis and a multiple Grand Slam winner.

The 23-year-old was facing a potential ban of two years after WADA appealed to CAS against his initial exoneration by the International Tennis Integrity Agency (ITIA), announced in August.

Jannik Sinner in action.
Italy’s Jannik Sinner in action during the Australian Open final against Germany’s Alexander Zverev on January 26, 2025 [Kim Kyung-Hoon/Reuters]

You Might Also Like

Medvedev reminds Trump of Russia’s Doomsday nuclear strike capabilities as war of words escalates

The Penn Station Newborn: Unpacking the Tragic Abandonment and New York’s Safe Haven Laws

Palestinian-US teen killed by Israeli settler in the occupied West Bank | Occupied West Bank News

Cuba Faces Economic Collapse as Venezuelan Oil Lifeline Threatened After Maduro’s Capture

Taiwan says it has concluded first ‘substantive’ tariff talks with US

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article OpenAI rejects Musk’s takeover offer, says it was ‘not a bid at all’ OpenAI rejects Musk’s takeover offer, says it was ‘not a bid at all’
Next Article Asset Tokenization expert weighs impact of US Inflation on 2025 price trends Asset Tokenization expert weighs impact of US Inflation on 2025 price trends

Latest News

Cameron Brink’s All-White Statement: Fashion Meets a Full-Strength Return for the Sparks
Cameron Brink’s All-White Statement: Fashion Meets a Full-Strength Return for the Sparks
Sports May 11, 2026
Binghamton’s Historic Rally Sets Up David vs. Goliath Showdown with Oklahoma
Binghamton’s Historic Rally Sets Up David vs. Goliath Showdown with Oklahoma
Sports May 11, 2026
SEC Dominance: Alabama Claims No. 1 Seed as Conference Floods NCAA Softball Bracket
SEC Dominance: Alabama Claims No. 1 Seed as Conference Floods NCAA Softball Bracket
Sports May 11, 2026
Frustration Boils Over: Wembanyama’s Ejection Alters Spurs’ Trajectory
Frustration Boils Over: Wembanyama’s Ejection Alters Spurs’ Trajectory
Sports May 11, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.