onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: 700 Marines to withdraw from L.A., Pentagon says
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
News

700 Marines to withdraw from L.A., Pentagon says

Last updated: July 21, 2025 6:09 pm
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
2 Min Read
700 Marines to withdraw from L.A., Pentagon says
SHARE

The roughly 700 active-duty Marines who deployed to Los Angeles earlier this summer following protests against immigration policies will head home, the Pentagon said Monday.

“With stability returning to Los Angeles, the Secretary [of Defense] has directed the redeployment of the 700 Marines whose presence sent a clear message: lawlessness will not be tolerated,” Pentagon spokesman Sean Parnell said in a statement.

CNN was first to report the Marines were being sent home.

The 700 Marines from the 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division arrived in the L.A. area in June joining members of the California National Guard President Trump federalized to protect federal property and personnel in the wake of protests and at times, violent clashes between protesters and law enforcement.

The deployment of active-duty troops to city streets within the United States is rare, as is federalizing a state’s National Guard despite objections from the state’s governor. California’s Democratic governor, Gavin Newsom, said the military presence was not necessary to respond to protests and could inflame the situation. Newsom sued over the National Guard deployment, arguing that Mr. Trump had “unlawfully bypassed” Newsom by sending in federal troops.

When asked what the bar is that determines whether to deploy active-duty Marines, President Trump told reporters in early June, “The bar is what I think it is. I mean, if we see danger to our country and to our citizens, uh, we’ll be very, very strong in terms of law and order.”

Last week, the Pentagon released about 2,000 of the 4,000 members of the National Guard in L.A. With the Marines headed home, there are still about 2,000 guardsmen in the L.A. area to protect federal property and personnel as they conduct law enforcement.

The immigration protests largely dissipated since June, although the ICE raids have continued.

What shocked “Matlock” star Kathy Bates?

A new you: The science of redesigning your personality

“Somebody Somewhere” star Bridget Everett

You Might Also Like

Former Transportation Secretary urges state taxpayer funding for Chicago transit

Republican Nevada governor vetoes voter ID measure

Guatemalan migrant who gave birth in US avoids rapid deportation

Some US restaurants and servers oppose Republicans’ ‘no tax on tips’ budget proposal

Venezuelan workers at Disney put on leave from jobs after losing protective status

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Pope Leo XIV marks 56th anniversary of moon landing with observatory visit, call to Buzz Aldrin Pope Leo XIV marks 56th anniversary of moon landing with observatory visit, call to Buzz Aldrin
Next Article SoftBank and OpenAI’s Stargate aims building small data center by year-end, WSJ reports SoftBank and OpenAI’s Stargate aims building small data center by year-end, WSJ reports

Latest News

Yurav Premlall’s 14-Shot Mastery Rewrites European Tour Record Books
Yurav Premlall’s 14-Shot Mastery Rewrites European Tour Record Books
Sports May 20, 2026
Cameron Brink’s All-White Statement: Fashion Meets a Full-Strength Return for the Sparks
Cameron Brink’s All-White Statement: Fashion Meets a Full-Strength Return for the Sparks
Sports May 11, 2026
Binghamton’s Historic Rally Sets Up David vs. Goliath Showdown with Oklahoma
Binghamton’s Historic Rally Sets Up David vs. Goliath Showdown with Oklahoma
Sports May 11, 2026
SEC Dominance: Alabama Claims No. 1 Seed as Conference Floods NCAA Softball Bracket
SEC Dominance: Alabama Claims No. 1 Seed as Conference Floods NCAA Softball Bracket
Sports May 11, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.