onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: SCOTUS allows Trump to resume 3rd-country removals without due process requirements
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
News

SCOTUS allows Trump to resume 3rd-country removals without due process requirements

Last updated: June 23, 2025 5:49 pm
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
5 Min Read
SCOTUS allows Trump to resume 3rd-country removals without due process requirements
SHARE

The Supreme Court’s conservative majority on Monday delivered a significant win for the Trump administration’s immigration policy, clearing the way for officials to resume deportation of migrants to third countries without additional due process requirements imposed by a district court judge.

The nation’s hight court did not explain the decision, but it said the stay of Judge Brian Murphy’s mandate would terminate should the administration ultimately lose an appeal on the merits. Litigation is ongoing, but is expected to take years to complete.

The case was brought by a group of detainees said to be headed to South Sudan who alleged they were never given a chance to raise fears of torture. Judge Murphy last month issued a preliminary injunction halting any future removals unless detainees were given notice of their destination, at least 10 days to raise concerns for their safety and 15 days to contest an adverse finding by an immigration officer.

MORE: Judge orders Trump administration to maintain ‘custody and control’ of any migrants deported to South Sudan 

The effective impact of the Supreme Court’s order on Monday is a resumption of expedited removals of dozens of unauthorized immigrants to countries other than their own. The Trump administration has sent plane loads to El Salvador, Guatemala, South Sudan and Libya.

Justice Sonia Sotomayor, joined by Justices Elena Kagan and Ketanji Brown Jackson, issued a biting dissent, accusing her colleagues of condoning “lawless” behavior by the administration in “matters of life and death.”

“This Court now intervenes to grant the Government emergency relief from an order it has repeatedly defied,” Sotomayor wrote. “I cannot join so gross an abuse of the Court’s equitable discretion.”

“The Due Process Clause represents ‘the principle that ours is a government of laws, not of men, and that we submit ourselves to rulers only if under rules,'” Sotomayor wrote. “By rewarding lawlessness, the Court once again undermines that foundational principle.”

“Apparently, the Court finds the idea that thousands will suffer violence in farflung locales more palatable than the remote possibility that a District Court exceeded its remedial powers when it ordered the Government to provide notice and process to which the plaintiffs are constitutionally and statutorily entitled. That use of discretion is as incomprehensible as it is inexcusable. Respectfully, but regretfully, I dissent.”

MORE: ‘Have mercy’: Families plead as migrants arrested at routine DHS check-ins

Immigrant advocates had asked the justices to keep in place the nationwide injunction requiring “meaningful notice and opportunity to be heard” before any person is sent unwillingly by the U.S. government to a country other than their place of birth or citizenship.

Trump officials had called the court-ordered requirements “onerous” and illegal.

The high court had unanimously indicated in a prior case that potential deportees must be given due process protections. But the justices have not yet spelled out in detail what exactly that requires in each case.

Department of Homeland Security spokeswoman Tricia McLaughlin said in a statement on X that the court’s decision is a “MAJOR win for the safety and security of the American people.”

The plaintiffs in the case criticized the Supreme Court’s granted stay and vowed to keep fighting.

“The ramifications of Supreme Court’s order will be horrifying; it strips away critical due process protections that have been protecting our class members from torture and death,” said Trina Realmuto, the executive director of the National Immigration Litigation Alliance. “Importantly, however, the Court’s ruling only takes issue with the court’s authority to afford these protections at this intermediate stage of the case — we now need to move as swiftly as possible to conclude the case and restore these protections.”

You Might Also Like

Mary Trump Slams Her Uncle Over Epstein Files: “He’s Really Lost Control of the Narrative”

Disaster Averted: How Quick Thinking and Crew Action Protected Passengers During American Airlines Fume Scare

Trump calls for death penalty for anyone charged with killing someone in Washington DC

Trump’s War on Clean Energy Fails to Stop Solar and Storage Boom in 2025

Kilmar Abrego Garcia asks to remain in federal custody, and Justice Dept. agrees

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Feeling the Heat? Know These Signs and Symptoms of Heat Stroke Feeling the Heat? Know These Signs and Symptoms of Heat Stroke
Next Article China plans to show off new equipment at parade marking 80th anniversary of Japan’s WWII surrender China plans to show off new equipment at parade marking 80th anniversary of Japan’s WWII surrender

Latest News

Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Matt O’Riley Transfer Saga: Tottenham Joins Race with Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
The Bowen Chase: Why Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man Utd Are Circling West Ham’s Star Amid Relegation Fear
Sports May 20, 2026
Tottenham Joins High-Stakes Race for Brighton’s Breakout Midfielder Matt O’Riley
Guardiola’s Succession Decree: Why Enzo Maresca is Manchester City’s Anointed Heir
Sports May 20, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.