onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Reading: Trump orders dismantling of Department of Education
Share
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
Search
  • News
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Life
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2025 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.
News

Trump orders dismantling of Department of Education

Last updated: March 21, 2025 12:10 am
OnlyTrustedInfo.com
Share
2 Min Read
Trump orders dismantling of Department of Education
SHARE

US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order aimed at dismantling the Department of Education, which he accused of squandering taxpayer dollars and promoting “progressive social experiments.”

Set up in 1979, the department is tasked with overseeing education, dispersing grants and student aid, as well as enforcing anti-discrimination policies in federally funded schools. Trump has long argued that the department has become wasteful and politicized. 

On Thursday, the president instructed Secretary of Education Linda McMahon to “take all necessary steps to facilitate the closure of the Department of Education and return education authority to the States and local communities.” 

According to the order, doing away with the department “would provide children and their families the opportunity to escape a system that is failing them.”

Federal judge halts dismantling of USAID by Musk’s DOGE

“Mathematics and reading scores are down in public schools, despite per-pupil spending having increased by more than 245% since the 1970s, indicating that more spending does not mean better education,” the White House said. It added that the taxpayer money would no longer be spent “on progressive social experiments and obsolete programs.”

White House spokeswoman Karoline Leavitt said that the department “will be much smaller than it is today” and will continue to administer student loans and federal Pell Grants. 

The order is part of a wider campaign to cut “wasteful spending” and bureaucracy led by Elon Musk’s ‘Department of Government Efficiency’ (Doge).

The Department of Education had around 4,200 employees last September, according to Time magazine. McMahon announced earlier this month that the department would be cutting nearly 50% of its workforce. 

You can share this story on social media:

Follow RT onRT
RT

You Might Also Like

A 240-year-old Swiss watchmaker’s race to beat Trump’s tariff deadline

Trump Sons’ Drone Deals: National Security Boost or Conflict of Interest?

Florida AG, Orange County at standoff over ICE assistance

Federal Judge Blocks Trump Administration’s Attempt to Freeze Child Care Funds for Democratic-Led States

The Tariff Downturn

Share This Article
Facebook X Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Russia-Ukraine war: List of key events, day 1,121 | Russia-Ukraine war News Russia-Ukraine war: List of key events, day 1,121 | Russia-Ukraine war News
Next Article Matt Weiss, former Michigan quarterbacks coach, charged with identity theft and computer hacking Matt Weiss, former Michigan quarterbacks coach, charged with identity theft and computer hacking

Latest News

Prince Andrew’s Legal Peril Deepens: Transatlantic Probe Targets Giuffre Family
Entertainment July 11, 2026
Sofia Vergara’s Etro Dress: The Keyhole Cutout That’s Turning Heads on Italian Streets
Entertainment July 11, 2026
Rick Springfield at 76: How the ‘Jessie’s Girl’ Icon Redefined Aging in Rock with His Viral Physique
Entertainment July 11, 2026
Prince Harry and Meghan’s Children Reunite with King Charles: A Royal Family Milestone After Years of Tension
Entertainment July 11, 2026
//
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Privacy Policy
onlyTrustedInfo.comonlyTrustedInfo.com
© 2026 OnlyTrustedInfo.com . All Rights Reserved.